The UK’s leading Deaf-led Film & Arts Festival Deaffest is looking for deaf artists and photographers to exhibit their creative work at our 14th Festival.
Deaffest will be hosting an Art & Photography Exhibition throughout May 2022 in the Main Gallery at Light House Media Centre, Wolverhampton (the exhibition will run throughout the Deaffest weekend 6th to 8th May 2022).
The fee to exhibit is £25.00 (non-refundable).
We require exhibitors to fully commit to the conditions below:
- The exhibition will commence on Sunday 1st May 2022 and exhibitors can put up their work from that date.
- The exhibition will end on Tuesday 31st May 2022 and exhibitors will be required to remove their work by that date. The exhibitors will be responsible for re-filling and re-painting over any holes on their exhibition wall.
- Exhibitors are allowed to use nails, mirror plates or other hanging devices to put up their work. It is the exhibitors’ responsibility to bring their own equipment (i.e. hammer, paint to cover up holes etc.) The Light House will provide a ladder, if required.
- Exhibitors are advised to have their own insurance cover, which includes fire, theft or damage as well as covering any personal risk to themselves. Work they exhibit will be placed in the Light House at their own risk.
- To ensure the artistic tone of the exhibition, exhibitors are asked to show their artworks and only those promotional materials that specifically related to their own work (i.e. not third party material promoting other educational establishments that they may be affiliated with).
- Exhibitors are required to attend Deaffest 2022 on Saturday 7th May 2022 10am to 4pm. Daytime entry for exhibitors is free.
- There will be an opportunity to give a talk about your work to the public.
There are limited spaces for the exhibition. If you wish for your work to be considered for the exhibition then please get in touch with PR Liaison Officer Lou Parrott at Lou@zebra-access.com for the application form and the gallery floor plan.